Our Purpose is to:
- Educate our members about the practice
of offsets and related business functions
such as countertrade, joint venture
formation, international finance
and transactional analysis.
- Provide a forum and a means for
our members to network with one another.
- Address business and policy issues
affecting the practice of international
DIOA member companies share their
knowledge and experience through presentations
and the semi-annual Association meetings
and formal training sessions.
Through our regular meetings and other
contacts, DIOA facilitates member company-to-company
networking on particular offset questions
and problems that may be encountered
in a given foreign locale.
DIOA Membership Criteria:
- Is organized or chartered under
the laws of the United States;
- Has its principal place of business
in the United States;
- Is significantly engaged in the
sale of defense equipment or defense-related
- Manufactures its equipment substantially
in or has its services originating
substantially from the United States;
- Is a party, directly involved as
a prime contractor to offset agreements
established with foreign governments;
- Is not engaged in the sale or brokering
of offset/countertrade services;
- Is not owned or controlled by a
- Is not controlled by, under common
control with, and does not control
another DIOA member.